Healthy and Active Preschoolers (Outside Source) is a nutrition learning center for child care professionals. It offers four online courses and a variety of resources to improve the nutrition and physical activity environment in child care programs. This Web site was created by the California Department of Education, Nutrition Services Division in collaboration with the Fresno City College Cal-Pro-NET Center.
Video Tour of Web Site
Please take a few moments to view the Healthy and Active Preschoolers Video Tour of the Web Site (Outside Source) to help you navigate the site. We hope that you find this Web site informative and helpful and we invite you to provide feedback (Outside Source) so that we can better serve your needs. If you are participating in the CACFP and already have a username and password please Register for each course final test for which you want to receive a certificate of completion.
Obtaining Professional Growth Hours by Taking the Final Course Tests
You can earn up to ten Professional Growth Hours by successfully completing the following two steps:
1) Review and take the four online courses on the Healthy and Active Preschoolers Web site: (Note: The following online courses are currently unavailable, but will return September, 2014.)
2) Register to take the Healthy and Active Preschoolers Final Course Tests on Blackboard:
- If you are participating in the CACFP and do not have a username and password please Create Your Account. Create only one account unless you work for two different types of agencies.
- If you are participating in the CACFP and already have a username and password please Register for each course final test for which you want to receive a certificate of completion.
- Individuals working for agencies that are not participating in the CACFP must create an account and obtain a user name and password to take the test(s) on Blackboard. Select "Not a CACFP Agency" under the Agency Name drop-down bar.
After registering, it will take approximately 24 hours for the test to become available at http://blackboard.fresnocitycollege.edu. Registration requests received on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will be processed the following Monday.