Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government
graphic element





CARE applications for the 2017-2018 school year are available at the bottom of this page, or in the EOPS Office on campus.




Jeanine Castle

CARE Counselor



Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm


Address: Fresno City College

   1101 E. University Avenue

   Fresno, CA 93741


Phone:    (559) 442-8231

Fax:        (559) 499-6040 



Are you a single parent raising your child or children by yourself? Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) provides a counselor and an experienced advisor who are available to help you cope with the challenges of being a single parent, student and head of household. If you are in this category, drop by to learn what you'll need to do in order to receive this unique service.



Students in the CARE program may be eligible for all EOPS services. In addition, CARE students also receive an additional Book Service, meal and gas card (or bus pass), and supplemental cash grants.



To be eligible for CARE, students must be:

  • 18 years or older
  • Single parent
  • Head of household
  • Have at least one child under 14 years old
  • Single parent household or a dependent (13 or younger) currently receives TANF (formerly AFDC) or have an active CalWORKs case number
  • Students must also meet all EOPS eligibility criteria



The CARE office is located within the EOPS office on the first floor of the Student Services Building (ST-101).


Application Process


2017-2018 CARE applications are available in the EOPS office, or by clicking the links below .  All 3 pages must be completed and returned. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis until our enrollment goal is reached.  Please check your college email regularly as communications regarding your status and all pertinent information will be emailed to you.  Any questions or concerns can be emailed to Jeanine Castle at or

CARE APPLICATION--You fill out the first page, and be able to answer yes to all the questions on the second page.

CARE AGENCY CERTIFICATION--Take this page to the county/agency administering your cash aid benefits.



Last updated: 5/11/2017 11:55:14 AM