To request services or resources, stop by the Career & Emloyment Center or call 442-8294. Please reserve materials and schedule classroom visitations well in advance. Presentation time slots are limited and availability of materials will depend on demand, so requests will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
FCC Career & Employment Center
True Colors Programs for Classes and Groups
True Colors is an interactive program that encourages self-exploration, an important first step in career planning. It is designed to help participants identify and explore their personality styles. True Colors can be used to:
- Promote self-understanding and exploration
- Initiate the career planning process
- Encourage team building and improve interpersonal communications and group relationships
- Strengthen teaching techniques in working with students with different personality types
- Promote unity and celebrates differences
How to Choose a Major Workshop for Classes
This workshop introduces students to issues and strategies involved in selecting a major and to available resources and services to help them with this decision.
Career Center Presentation
This presentation offers an overview of the career planning process and an introduction to services and resources available in the Career & Employment Center. This presentation is also available as a PowerPoint. Call the Career & Employment Center to request a copy of this PowerPoint.
- Values Card Sorts
- Motivated Skills Card Sorts
- Career Planning Activity Sheets
- Career Information Handouts
- Favorite Websites – a comprehensive list of websites that offer online career guidance and information
- Information on career fields related to the subjects you teach -- Occupational descriptions and free printouts are available through the EUREKA and DISCOVER computerized career information systems.
Last updated: 8/7/2012 3:16:12 PM