Spring 2015 rented books are due back by 3:30pm on Friday July 31, 2015.
To rent a textbook, students must have the following items:
- a valid student ID card or a valid California ID with a print out of a current class schedule
- valid credit card with an expiration date that exceeds July 31, 2015.
- a SCCCD student e-mail address
Textbook Rental Agreement
1. I am renting and am in receipt of the rental book(s) shown on the receipt. I have paid the
rental fees and understand that the return policies of the store also apply to rental items. I
acknowledge that the book(s), whether new or used, is in good condition.
2. I acknowledge the non-return replacement cost that appears on the receipt.
3. I will return the book(s) to the Bookstore no later than 3:30pm on July 31, 2015.
4. I will return the book(s) in good salable condition as determined by the Bookstore. All
CDs and other component parts included with this book(s) must be present and in salable
condition as determined by the store upon return.
5. I am responsible for risk of loss from any cause, including but not limited to theft, lost
item(s) or missing component parts, water or fire damage.
6. If I fail to return the books(s) by 3:30pm on July 31, 2015, I will pay
the Bookstore the non-return replacement cost as shown on the receipt and any
applicable sales taxes. I authorize the Bookstore to charge the credit card or debit
card on file from the original transaction for all replacement costs incurred for non- return of rental books.
7. I will not exceed the limit or cancel the credit/debit card used as a guarantee of
replacement costs until all the rented materials are either returned to the Bookstore or fees
are paid in full.
8. I understand that a permanent hold will be placed on my student records if I do not pay
the replacement costs in full.
9. Noncompliance will result in loss of future rental privileges.
I have read and fully understand the terms of this agreement as outlined and I agree to adhere to all conditions and terms stated.
Click here for refund information.