The Student Ambassador Program at Fresno City College strives to inspire students through leadership development. Ambassadors show leadership, professionalism, pride, and the desire to promote Fresno City College while delivering superior customer service at all times. Student Ambassadors are the best representatives of the college student body and are dedicated to student outreach, success, diversity, and strengthening student connections.
Applications accepted from Monday, April 17 - Monday, May 8, 2017.
What duties are performed by the Student Ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors are pivotal members of the Fresno City College outreach team as they are often a prospective student’s initial contact with the college. Ambassadors are also involved with on-campus events and volunteer efforts in the community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Giving personalized campus tours to college visitors while making visitors feel welcome, comfortable, and confident about their FCC experience.
- Representing FCC at recruitment and campus events.
- Promoting and increasing involvement in student events and opportunities.
- Informing prospective students and parents interested in Fresno City College about all facets of Fresno City College, which includes academic programs, faculty and students, physical facilities, social opportunities, and student services.
- Assisting prospective students with applications and orientation.
- Conducting presentations about Fresno City College and personal experience at high schools.
- Staffing the College Relations Office, Web Room, and first and second floor Student Services Lobbies, as needed.
- Attend bi-weekly training sessions and other duties as assigned.
- Have an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Be self-motivated and responsible
- Ability to work as a team member
- Have a passion for helping student be successful
- A willingness to develop or improve oral communication skills
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be able to work a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 19 hours per week as assigned during the semester.
- Will receive priority registration and must be willing to arrange schedule for future semesters according to office needs.
- Attend all required training sessions and bi-weekly meetings (Mandatory training Monday, July 24 to Friday, July 28,2017)
Submit applications to the College Relations Office in the Student Services Building. Email Tasha Johnson or call 443-8509 for more information.
Last updated: 4/20/2017 12:10:04 PM