Transition to Independent Living and Education Program (TILE)
What is TILE?
• The Transition to Independent Living and Education Program provides an educational experience that focuses on acquisition of skills necessary for independent living.
• TILE is a collaborative effort program between Central Valley Regional Center (CVRC) and Fresno City College, both located in Fresno, CA.
• This program provides training, support, and community college educational programs for persons with developmental disabilities
Mission and Goals:
• Enriching collegiate experience for persons with developmental disabilities
• Interactive and inclusive environments
• Learning activities that will transfer to life-long independent living skills
• Independent living skills for employment readiness
• Self-determination skills and knowledge of individual’s strengths
• Empowerment through education
• Student must be a CVRC client
• Student must be 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or 22 years of age or older
• Student must be able to function without college attendant care
• Student must possess a desire to live independently
• Student must possess self-help skills and be able to learn function independently
• Student must be able to arrange own transportation
Program Duration & Schedule:
• 22 months (11 months per year) of instruction operating from mid-August through mid-July (curriculum includes 19 different modules)
• Class schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
• Completion time of TILE may extend to 36 month based on individualized needs of the student
• CVRC Program Manager and TILE Program Manager will concur on exceptions
For More Information Please contact:
Fresno City College
Disabled, Students, Programs & Services
1101 E. University Ave
Fresno, CA 93741
Kathleen Moroney, TILE Instructor/Coordinator or TILE Counselor
Phone: (559) 442-8237
Fax: (559) 442-8242