What is a Student Education Plan (SEP)?
A Student Education Plan (SEP) outlines a suggested course of study for the individual student based on major, transfer plans, and sequence of courses. Students are encouraged to update their plan each semester or when a change is made to their major, transfer institution or other pertinent objectives. An SEP should be developed during the student's first semester at FCC and maintained throughout a student's enrollment at FCC.
Click here to view a sample SEP
Ways to Develop Your SEP:
1. Attend a SEP Workshop
You can receive a Student Educational Plan (SEP) by going through the Capture Your Success steps. Please follow the Start Your SEP link below to get started.
Reserve a spot today if:
- You do not have any courses completed from colleges outside our district
- You do not have registration holds for Probation, DQ, or CPBP
2. Schedule an individual appointment with a counselor
You need to schedule an appointment with a counselor to receive a SEP if the following relates to you:
- You have attended other colleges/universities and you have external transcripts
- You have a probation hold of DQ or CPBP
Students in special programs need to meet with their special program counselors to complete a SEP. This includes DSP&S, EOP&S, Athletics, Learning Communities, and Honors.