Students will demonstrate effective communication and comprehension skills.
Comprehend, analyze and respond appropriately to oral, written and visual information. Effectively communicate/express information through speaking, writing and other appropriate modes of communication/expression.
2. Critical Thinking and Information Competency
Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills in problem solving across the disciplines and in daily life.
- Identify vital questions, problems, or issues and evaluate the reasonableness of a solution.
- Analyze, compose, and assess the validity of an argument.
- Analyze multiple representations of quantitative information, including graphical, formulaic, numerical, and verbal.
- Select and evaluate the accuracy, credibility, and relevance of information sources.
3. Community/Global Awareness and Responsibility
Students will demonstrate knowledge of significant social, cultural, environmental and aesthetic perspectives.
- Identify the social and ethical responsibilities of the individual in society.
- Demonstrate commitment to active citizenship.
4. Personal, Academic, and Career Development
Students will assess their own knowledge, skills, and abilities, set personal, educational, and career goals, work independently and in group settings, and identify lifestyle choices that promote self reliance, financial literacy, and physical, mental and social health.
- Take personal responsibility for identifying academic and psychological-social needs, determining resources, and accessing appropriate services.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate progress towards achieving personal, academic, career goals, and career resilience.